Nexus 5x or Oneplus 2?

B OBrien

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a new, budget smartphone and I've narrowed down my decision to the Nexus 5x or Oneplus 2.

I'm looking for a fast and smooth phone that runs high end games smoothly, and has no lag in apps (especially Chrome and YouTube) or on the homescreen. And I'm not that worried about NFC, camera quality or fast/wireless charging. I don't use those features much anyway.

On paper, the Oneplus 2 looks a lot better (4gb ram, etc), but I've heard that the OS and home button can be laggy at times. It is now 2016, so I'm not sure if any updates have solved this.

On the flipside is the Nexus 5x, which has less power, but seems to run very smoothly on Marshmallow, and has more regular support from Google.

So which is the better phone? Has the Oneplus 2 fixed its issues?

Thanks

redlinecoatings

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Every phone has issues on the forums. I can't comment on the nexus 5x, but I use the OP2 and it is a great phone. It's very smooth, my scanner works 98% of the time on the first try, camera is very good, nice screen and I get pretty decent battery life out of it. I can't find a complaint yet with the oneplus.

oneswift

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I haven't use nexus 5x, but I have a OP2 , so maybe I could share my experience. it has smooth screen and smooth in operation.Voice, music and speakerphone of are good quality. Camera - 13 MP and 5 MP..not top of the line but still good enough, and very good size battery, easily lasting for more than a day. For me battery is very important - a phone should be smart in terms of battery usage.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463