Why aren't my apps & updates installing?

A

AC Question

Apps & updates not installing

Noticed the download arrow had been staying on a lot in the top bar so investigated and found as it was trying to update it was stalling, often at 98%. Stopped auto updates and manually choose a few to try and they each did the same. Tried a couple of new downloads and the wouldn't come in either. Apart from that the tablet is working fine, it's a Samsung SMT520 running 4.4.2 with all the bloatware still there. The last app i downloaded was Epson's iPrint to work with a new printer i bought, nothing had updated since. I've uninstalled that and a few others but can't get it sorted.

Help, and thanks in advance.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Apps & updates not installing

Noticed the download arrow had been staying on a lot in the top bar so investigated and found as it was trying to update it was stalling, often at 98%. Stopped auto updates and manually choose a few to try and they each did the same. Tried a couple of new downloads and the wouldn't come in either. Apart from that the tablet is working fine, it's a Samsung SMT520 running 4.4.2 with all the bloatware still there. The last app i downloaded was Epson's iPrint to work with a new printer i bought, nothing had updated since. I've uninstalled that and a few others but can't get it sorted.

Help, and thanks in advance.

Welcome to Android Central!

Try going in to your settings, application manager, all apps, find the Play Store app and clear the data. That should reset the Play Store app and may fix the update issue.

corradoboy

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why aren't my apps & updates installing?

Thanks, i tried that to no avail. All apps commence installing, whether new or updates to existing, but stall between 65-98% and just sit there. All other Internet content seems to come in ok, whether viewing social media or you tube or kodi etc.

Was going to wipe the device to get rid of the samsung bloatware and start afresh with cyanogen, but i can't install flashify and other apps required.

corradoboy

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why aren't my apps & updates installing?

UPDATE ***

Managed to get the APK's for TWRP and Flashify onto the external SD and install them. Then copied on the Cyanogen 12.1 and GAPP's files. Installed both via TWRP and now everything's installed, updated and running sweet.

Had a bootloop trying to install Xposed (well, the SDK), but TWRP allowed an uninstall which cured that. I only wanted it so I could hide ROOT status from apps like All4, no great loss.

So far so good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol