BB customer looking to switch and need info PLEASE

patkicker55

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I am currently a BB user and have already bought and returned the vzw iPhone when it came out. I am looking at the Thunderbolt when it comes out but I have a few questions for you seasoned Droid users...First i found an app in the market called AudioManager Pro and was wondering if any of you have used this, what i'm looking to do with this is create different sound profiles that i can easily set during different times of the day based on where I'm at (main reason i returned the iPhone is because it wouldn't do this). Second I have a work email that goes through microsoft outlook and with the iPhone i had to set it up through microsoft exchange but it would only let me keep emails in that account for 1 week is this the same on the Droid or can it be customized? Third on the iPhone i couldn't change notifications (ie. calendar, sms/mms, facebook, etc.)to actual songs like i could on my BB can you do this on the Droids? One last question can you use Droids as an ipod/mp3 player like the iPhone is?
I know its a lot but i really don't know anything about Droids and before i get hit with another $35 restocking fee I would like to know as much as possible going into this purchase.
Thanks everyone in advance for your feedback.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I use Quick Profiles to change my sound settings, similar to what I could do on my BlackBerry.

I think you can assign any sound to be used as a ringtone, it just has to be in the ringtone folder. The nice thing with Android is that you can assign a ringtone to a contact category, as well as to individuals.

I think the same thing can be done with notifications. The sound files just need to be in the Notifications folder.

Reactions: patkicker55

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
As far as using Exchange, if you have issues setting up the default mail app, there are 3rd party applications that work with Exchange, including K-9 Mail and MailDroid.

I don't use Exchange, but have 8 email accounts and found K-9 Mail to work better than the default app.

Reactions: patkicker55

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke