What's wrong with my phone?

A

AC Question

Previously my phone broke down, motherboard died. I had to pay £300 because I apparently rooted it and it voided my warrany (I didn't), but I paid anyway. Since then I did have warranty, which somehow voided again so I can't take it to the store, I refuse to pay that amount again. However, whenever I put the phone to restart, it turns off and not turn back on, doesn't always charge, or goes into download mode on it's own. UNLESS I pull out the battery first... Which I can't keep doing, it'll destroy the phone, and my back case it even cracked from doing it so often. It lags sometimes too

I considered downgrading the OS, and then upgrading again via Smart Switch. Would that wipe my phone? I haven't backed up yet because I need my external HD which isn't with me atm...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What device do you have? If a downgrade is possible, flashing the OS usually wipes the device.

jackjoe1234

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I am the op, couldn't log in earlier. I have a Samsung Note 4. The device only having 1gb left wouldn't have anything to do with it would it?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing no one can help. I've backed up my data, I was considering downgrading with Odin, then upgrade with Smart Switch?

Sorry for the delay. Reflashing the stock ROM with Odin should wipe your device, but I don't think you can downgrade to a previous version of Android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze