Anyone care about OTG? Then how about a good root w OTG?

ne_stew

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I can't depend on the net all the time and I have private stuff too I've decided OTG is the way to go, but finding the spec without having to check every manufacturers site is grueling i.e. Kingston, SanDisk, etc. On top of that I'm in the process of switching to GSM and don't want to have to pay a lot until I see things stable.

Some of my candidates are the LG Escape 2, Asus Zenphone 2. If I can find the magic a root is next. Thoughts, suggestions?

TIA

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to root to use an OTG cable. Just buy even the cheapest one (I use a 99 cent one from China) andf it should work in just about all modern phones. (Be aware - you can't charge the phone with the OTG cable plugged in - the power pins are power out, not power in in OTG mode.)

ne_stew

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
You don't have to root to use an OTG cable. Just buy even the cheapest one (I use a 99 cent one from China) andf it should work in just about all modern phones. (Be aware - you can't charge the phone with the OTG cable plugged in - the power pins are power out, not power in in OTG mode.)

Ooops, should have mentioned "dual flash", try a google on "usb dual flash" for micro-USB drives if you don't know what I mean. It's data storage and transfer to and from both Android and computing device(s). Hopefully, my question makes more sense now.