Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 won't charge.

j03y_h

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Like the title says, my tablet will not charge. It shows up that I'm charging when I hook it into my laptop but has the red "X" over the battery which is normal because it never charged in the laptop. But today I tried charging it in the plug and it wouldn't charge, wouldn't even indicate anything was hooked into the device. I tried several outlets and two cords, nothing is working. Please help. Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the same charging plug (i.e., the block that plugs into the wall outlet)? If so, try a different plug, since these components can fail as well.

If this doesn't work, then it might be a problem with the tablet's microUSB port. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out, and inspect the pin for any damage.

j03y_h

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
It still doesn't charge. And I was thinking it was the device but why would it show up as being connected when its hooked into the laptop?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There are separate contacts on the microUSB port's pin that are responsible for charging and data transfer. It may be that the contact or contacts responsible for charging are faulty, while the ones for data transfer are intact.

j03y_h

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
I understand what you mean but after being hooked into my laptop for a good 1 or 2 hours, it went from 10% to 12%. So its slow charging but is still charging.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the battery heat up during charging? That, combined with the very slow charging, would suggest a failing battery. It could also explain why the computer can still recognize that the tablet is connected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37