Sound problem on recordings

veronica97

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have a sound issue with my LG phone running KitKat and basically every type of recording is affected (camera, sound recorder, whatsapp voice notes, etc.). What happens is that I can only hear strange machine gun-like sounds when I play the files, no other sounds at all. On the other hand, phone calls (including whatsapp calls) are working fine.

I know the phone has a noise suppression mic and a friend of mine suggested that maybe one of the mics was busted, but what's also weird to me is that each recording gets shrunk into smaller files. For example I sent a 10 second voice note last night and while the whatsapp chat correctly displayed that the note length was ten seconds, it was in fact only 2 or 3 seconds of the usual machine gun sounds. And this happens with every type of recording, if I take a 1 minute video, all I get is about 10 seconds of video with distorted audio.

So what could it be? Is it a hardware or software problem? What could I try to solve this issue? Thanks in advance.