Download entire Play Music library automatically?

A

AC Question

Download entire Play Music library automatically

Seems to me like I need to tap download on whatever I want to download, but I can't just choose to download my entire library? It's not the funniest thing to manage, the only way that I see is creating a playlist and adding all my music to it, and then choose to download it(?). But if I delete this, I imagine I'd lose it, so I don't want that... The "Last added" playlist only contains 500 songs, and neither can I have any auto-playlists that I configure myself.

I thought "Auto-offline" did this at first glance, but apparently not.

Any way around this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Download entire Play Music library automatically

Welcome to Android Central! Playlists have a 500 song limit, regardless of whether they're auto-playlists or created by you. I don't think there's an option to automatically download your entire library because for many people, this would be a huge download of thousands of files. It's not entirely practical, and could inadvertently lead to huge data overage charges for people who aren't paying close attention to what they're doing.

What you can do is install the Music Manager program on your PC and use that to download your entire library to the computer. Then you can connect the phone to the computer via PC and copy those files to the phone's storage, but that might take a loooooong time as well!

SpectralKH

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Download entire Play Music library automatically

That's gonna be a pain then... Another reason for me to not like Google Play ;-; I really wish I had a better alternative. Just gonna have to manage my 3000 songs in playlists then >.<