All phone numbers suddenly deleted out of contacts

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
In the middle of messaging someone today all my contacts suddenly displayed as their phone numbers. I saw it actually happen.

All the contacts are there, they just don't have numbers. I did the usual restart. That didn't work. Then I tried clearing out all the app cache and re-syncing the accounts. That also didn't work.

If I try to save the phone number back to the contact the option to save just doesn't enable and allow me to make the edit.

I guess my next step would be to delete all the accounts and try to rebuild all again. Does anyone have any ideas?

*** Edit ***
I did a CSV file import into gmail. There was a direct sync between outlook.com and gmail but that didn't work either. Perhaps it's a related issue?

Last edited:

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I figured out a little more. I think it's the data stored in my Microsoft account. For some reason it isn't syncing that account, which is where the bulk of my phone numbers are stored. I've tried deleting all the accounts I could, restarting and adding them back in but it doesn't seem to take. I can access the account just fine and when I check my actual contacts list on Microsoft's site they all appear fine.

I can't figure out why this has happened since I haven't changed the password, can access the account on the phone and it had been working just fine.

On the plus side, all this work has finally caused profile photos to sync to the phone. With any luck my phone numbers will mysteriously appear.

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Doing a sync from outlook.com to gmail. Hopefully that will fix the issue. This issue seems to happen to a number of people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781