Why is HSDPA/3G/EDGE/GPRS icon on notification bar missing?

William Chandra

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
My mom uses Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-19082 (Android 4.2.2). The 3G/HSDPA icon that usually appears on top of the screen simply ceases to exist when changing to SIM 2. It only shows full signal bar with R symbol on it (maybe Roaming symbol?). Mobile data is turned on, SIM 2 still has ~2 GB packet data left, signal bar is OK, Wi-Fi turned off, data roaming is turned off, SIM 1 works just fine (the H/3G/E/G icon is there). What causes the problem, and what should I do with it?
PS: I also use SIM card with the same brand, I put mine beside my mom's phone to check if it's still in the coverage area, but mine just works fine and the H symbol is there, so I don't really think it's SIM card problem.

Claude Speed

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
My mom uses Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-19082 (Android 4.2.2). The 3G/HSDPA icon that usually appears on top of the screen simply ceases to exist when changing to SIM 2. It only shows full signal bar with R symbol on it (maybe Roaming symbol?). Mobile data is turned on, SIM 2 still has ~2 GB packet data left, signal bar is OK, Wi-Fi turned off, data roaming is turned off, SIM 1 works just fine (the H/3G/E/G icon is there). What causes the problem, and what should I do with it?
PS: I also use SIM card with the same brand, I put mine beside my mom's phone to check if it's still in the coverage area, but mine just works fine and the H symbol is there, so I don't really think it's SIM card problem.
Disable data roaming on the second SIM card

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol