disc is locked or write-protected

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
For the last few weeks, I have been unable to transfer files between my Streak (dell's froyo, purchased unlocked). Each time I try to transfer either a single file or several folders/directories, my computer reports thatp the disk is locked. (I believe the message refers to my sd card.) I think my problems began when I started experimenting with ways to synch my streak with my 64-bit windows 7 pc. Right now I'm using FUNAMBOL, but also dabbled in google sync, isyncr, and, for about 3 seconds, missing link. I also have docs to go. The only programs still installed are docs to go and funambol. Any help would b greatly appreciated.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
For the last few weeks, I have been unable to transfer files between my Streak (dell's froyo, purchased unlocked). Each time I try to transfer either a single file or several folders/directories, my computer reports thatp the disk is locked. (I believe the message refers to my sd card.) I think my problems began when I started experimenting with ways to synch my streak with my 64-bit windows 7 pc. Right now I'm using FUNAMBOL, but also dabbled in google sync, isyncr, and, for about 3 seconds, missing link. I also have docs to go. The only programs still installed are docs to go and funambol. Any help would b greatly appreciated.

I would disable anything that starts up when you connect over USB to your PC. A lot of these apps will cause chaos when you're trying to manually bring media back & forth.

I've read this specifically with double twist, so I would un-install or freeze any app that has any of this functionality and then try to access the sdcard that way.