How do i move files from my sdcard?

c0nyakox

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
i have an LG RISIO and i am switching sd cards but I want to make sure I do it correctly. I have it so when I take photos they are saved to the sd card and contacts, ect. Whats the proper way to move all my files over to the new sd card? Can I move everything to the phone first and then put it on the new sd card? By the way I do not have a computer so I'm doing this all by phone. Please help!! Could somebody please give me instructions (lol) because I'm not too good at this stuff. And also I don't know if it helps but my phone is rooted.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It really would be ideal to do it on a computer, where you could essentially copy the entire SD card to the new one. Can you access a computer anywhere, like at your local library?

Otherwise, you need to move all apps from the SD card back to the Phone (if you've moved any app to the SD to begin with). Go to Settings>Apps, individually select the apps that are on the SD card, and tap Move to Phone. Then back up discrete files like documents, photos, music, etc. to cloud storage like Google Drive, Google Photos, Dropbox, etc, and when you insert the new SD card, download them back to the SD. You could try backing up any app data files that might be on the SD as well, but redownloading those to the new SD card might not work correctly for the apps in question.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non