What is malware "com.qti.service.colorservice"?

A

AC Question

This malware "com.qti.service.colorservice" came to my notice during a regular virus scan on my phone. It seems I can't delete it either since it is installed by the "vendor" (not sure which vendor).

Is this dangerous? What does it do? Should I avoid using the phone?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
This may be a "false positive". I don't know which app detected it as malware, but what you should do is contact the developer to ask them to verify if it is in fact malware.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Open application manager, go to running tab, start clicking all of the apps to see their current processes. Do so until you find that app that is running the process. Report back what it says.

ktls180

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I did all that but have no idea what I'd be looking for .. 😨 i have a heap that at there and processing. . Some that are in the running tab 2 or 3 times ... I'm at a loss thanks for the help i will keep at it if not will make a call or take it into my phone provider to see of they can help 😥 but please if you have any other ideas I'm happy to try them out haha

ktls180

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I did find in my security app in the task killer the com.qti.service.colorservice .. don't know how to post a screenshot of it but it gives me the option to x or boost .. any idea .?

Lucas Delgado

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
This malware "com.qti.service.colorservice" came to my notice during a regular virus scan on my phone. It seems I can't delete it either since it is installed by the "vendor" (not sure which vendor).

Is this dangerous? What does it do? Should I avoid using the phone?
Hi men im have a blu life one and i recive the same alert just now, do you use avg?

ktls180

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes i have the same 4.4.4 ...i have searched the net almost all last night amd not stopped this morning about this i have the com.service.colorservice in my all app in my application manager and have cleared the catch bit nothing I'm so tempted to force close it or whatever but not sure if by doing so my phone will stop working or what its used for in my phone to help ot run .. and can't find it anywhere on the net about it .. hmmm who knows but not sire what to do

ktls180

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I just downlaod another security app called avast and that has scanned and it said no treats detected on device ..? I'm so confused talk about mind blow .. i just don't understand its making me frustrated 😤

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Going to say it a second time...
The detection may be a "false positive". The fact that the service starts with "com." makes me think it's a system app. One of you should contact AVG and ask them about it.

ktls180

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Already contacted avg and still not got a response from them .! Anyway now you have semi explained why you think this makes a little more sense to why you think this.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret