Signal issue

Seabiscuit_09

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I currently own a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus phone that I bought full price from Verizon and I shoved a T-Mobile SIM card into it that I've been using for a while now. I have a good 4G LTE connection in many places except for this one room in my campus building where my phone shows that I get 2 bars of signal but it keeps fluctuating between H+ (HSPA+) and 3G, I get NO 4G or LTE connectivity in this one room at all. And to make matters worse my classmate has a Galaxy S5 also on the T-Mobile network and he's getting a good 4G connection whilst I'm sitting on H+ and/or 3G. It's also heavily killing my battery by switching to H+ and 3G over and over again.

Also, when my phone shows that I am connected to a 3G connection, I get NO DATA TRANSFER. Only once it switched to H+ is when I get data transfer. Is it a T-Mobile issue or is it my specific cell phone model? (G928V).

Please help!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check the model NUMBERS of the phones. Evidently one of them is missing the TMobile 4G radio..

Seabiscuit_09

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Alright so I looking into the ServiceMenu for band selection and I can see that my phone does not support T-Mobile's 1700Mhz frequency which is needed to work on T-Mobile's 3G network, but that still doesnt answer my question why my friend has 4G/LTE connectivity in the same room whereas I don't even get a 4G signal, just a H+ or 3G (and the 3G doesn't even work). Anything I can do about that? Screenshots are below for both WCDMA and GSM.

Screenshot_2016-03-10-20-43-37.jpg
Screenshot_2016-03-10-20-43-43.jpg