How to change the default in-app map viewer?

M RP

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I have disabled Google maps and it doesn't show any more in my phone, yet when other apps have built-in map viewers the map displayed is Google maps.
For example when someone sends me his position on the chat, and the chat has a map viewer inside, the map displayed is Google maps.

The problem is that I'm based in China and Google is generally blocked unless using a VPN, which have not been working recently for different reasons.

What I'm looking for is a solution that will NOT need:
- Root the phone, I don't know how to do it neither I have the time or the willingness to catch a virus since I'm using some Chinese software and Chinese software is generally very intrusive.
- Using a VPN, since it is not very practical to open it every time I receive a location on the chat, but also these are not working recently and will be like this for about 1 week

Please let me know if there is a way to configure the phone so it will use any other map rendering.
Thank you very much.

My device is Samsung Galaxy Express II, but the same happened before with Samsung Galaxy Mini.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
What app are you using for chat?
The map viewer is built in to the app. To change the map viewer, you need to use a different app unless the location is being sent as a generic URL that just happens to specifiy Google Map, which would be the fault of your friend.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908