Adding a pause to a phone number in a calendar invite.

Vizsla_Buddy

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi folks. I am a proud 6P owner. I have been with Android since the beginning and fight to not be consumed by the Apple world. However, I have to admit, some of the Apple functionality keeps pulling me that way. Here is one ... maybe someone out there can tell me how to copy this ....

I use the 6P as my primary business phone. When someone sends a meeting invite, it appears appropriately on my phone. Many times these meetings are conference calls. It is common to put the dial in number and conference code in the Location field. Often, it looks like this ... 555-555-5555,,12345 where the 12345 is the conf. code for that dial in number.

In an iPhone, the ",," creates a pause and then the 12345 is entered automatically putting the person into a call. On the 6P (or any android I believe), the only thing that happens is the 555-555-5555 is dialed. I have to manually enter the 12345.

Interesting, this works from contacts but not a calendar or email message. I heard this was one of the law suits that Apple won.

Anyone have a good solution (other than create a contact or manually enter). Is there an App that fixes this?

Thanks in advance.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Using the comma as a one second pause is a common feature on business phone apps.
Unfortunately, phone apps on Android phones seem to omit this handy feature in most cases.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech