Samsung Galaxy S5 --- stuck in boot loop --- factory reset not working

skruger80

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
My Samsung Galaxy S5 is stuck in a boot loop, and even when I try the option of 'wipe data/factory reset', and it completes wiping the data. After the reboot, it still continues in the boot loop.

Do I have options to save this phone yet? Or is it a goner?

Thank you

S

Logancd1

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Here is something that has worked to fix my S5 numerous times. Open up the back of the phone, remove the battery, and hold down the power button for 5-10 seconds. (Shorter works too, but a few extra seconds doesn't hurt, and will make sure this works properly) Then put the battery back in, and turn your phone back on. This should fix your problem, whatever it may be. What this does is drain the extra leftover power from your phone after the battery is removed, effectively completely restarting the phone. Let me know if this doesn't work!

skruger80

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the response. Yes that a good trick I use as well, but unfortunately didn't work this time. I ended up having to reinstall the original firmware. Lost all my data but happy to have the phone working again

techntoys

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
If it is quick bootlooping even to recovery but you can put it in download mode you have a faulty battery. Replace your battery or just go up to batteries plus and they can verify for you before you spend the money on a new one. Hope this Helps.

Samsung Guru
Tech-N-Toys.com

Frae Guile

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the response. Yes that a good trick I use as well, but unfortunately didn't work this time. I ended up having to reinstall the original firmware. Lost all my data but happy to have the phone working again

I am having the same problem. The only difference is that after I did the wipe cache partition then factory reset - RIP my data - then the Boot Loop was broken! I was able to start fresh and started to think about which apps that I had on my phone before the dreadful boot loop then after I had most of the apps reinstalled and my accounts back on the phone... THE BOOT LOOP CAME BACK!

Now I'm so frustrated and angry at this phone and I wish I could afford to replace it!

htroy

Jul 30, 2017
Visit site
Can you please tell how you did it? Or ca you link me to series of steps te get it done? I'm having the same problem right now and the fatory reset didn't fix it

Edward Laier

Sep 17, 2018
Visit site

nothing seems to help me. And no idea how to reinstall firmware. Kies, Kies3, and SmartSwitch didn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34