Drop my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active in water, please help !

aBukLau

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Last night I dropped my phone in a bucket of water, and the phone continued to work (playing music in this case) when I took it out from bucket immediately.

I dried off my phone with paper towels, and not knowing what actions to take besides that at that point of time, I though everything was fine and continued to use the phone. (it seemed fine since the phone was functioning normally, and because S4 active is supposed to be water-proof?).

Then when I wanted to charge my phone, I realized it failed to charge. So I did some googling and found out that I should bury the phone with rice entirely, and so I did.

This morning i woke up and uncovered my phone from the rice to see if that solved the issue. It didn't . . .

My own instinct told me to clean the phone with some alcohol, since the water that my phone dropped in was not the cleanest water unfortunately. I specifically cleaned the usb/charging part of the phone with alot of alcohol and miracle happened ! It charged !!! I managed to charge my phone back up from 0% to 50% but now this miracle is gone when I turned on my phone, hoping to charge & use it at the same time.

So can anyone tell me what exactly should I do with this phone ? It is working now, but it just doesn't charge... I just listed everything that I did so far with the phone, did I screw up things more or what...?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And water-resistant doesn't mean water-proof. IP68 (the spec for the phone) refers to being in still water, not to having water poured on it, or being dropped into water. (It's an advertising gimmick - if some rain splashes on the screen it's probably okay. If it were waterproof, it would be guaranteed against water damage. Actual waterproof devices are.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37