Saving files on extetnal hard drive 2t with a LG G4

MissBobos

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I have an lg g4. I recently purchase the my passport ultra 2t external drive. I formatted it and conected it to a remake USB. When I plug it into my phone to save to the storage disc...it says unable to open (on a app). And it doesn't show at all on the LG file manager. I have read on some forums you can override the system to professional mode and root it; will this work on the Lg g4. I also read that it doesn't work cuz the G4 can only read up to 128g. Help please..... :(

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think it's more to do with the fact that your phone might not be able to power an external drive. First try with a low-power USB stick and see if your device is reading that correctly. If that's the case, you'll need either a hard drive with an external power source or a powered OTG cable (which will, in turn, have a power adapter to supply the extra 'juice').

MissBobos

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
It works with a smaller usb memory stick. I'm going to taiwan tomorrow and am unable to buy a powered OTG cable...went to the only 2 places that would sell it and they don't sell them. I'm going to try updating this encryption thing...not really sure what I'm talking about...but that's what the guy who worked at the computer store suggested. Will let you know if it works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member