Looking for a Music Player App with a Better Shuffle Function

dwgsp

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I recently switched from iOS to Android (Droid Turbo 2), and am very happy with the move except for one issue. When I used iTunes & the iOS music player, I could designate songs that would be skipped when shuffling. In other words, the iOS music app would skip over those songs when I was listening using the Shuffle function. This was very useful for me, because I like to have a wide variety of music on my phone, including songs that I would not want to shuffle (such as classical music).

I have tried several music apps, such as Rocket Player, but none of them supports this. Can anyone suggest an Android music player app that supports this feature?

Thanks!

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I believe most players will let you shuffle a genre, that might be the only option since I've never heard of that feature but can totally see its appeal. I've been keeping recorded lectures in a hidden folder so my music app won't play them during shuffle, which is just a lazy workaround.

dwgsp

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, bable. Shuffling by genre won't meet my needs, but it's good to know that it's an option.

I'm really surprised that no Android music player supports the "skip while shuffling" feature. Seems like an obvious gap, where iOS does something much better than Android.

brainox

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I am using Gone Mad Music player and you can make a song list that you want to shuffle. So you could create a queue with songs you want to shuffle, save it and shuffle the queue.

dwgsp

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I have at least a thousand songs on my phone, so that would not be practical for me to do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci