Leaving Phone On The Time

tallen316

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Ovbiously many of you leave your phones on all the time. I am curious to know weather leaving your phone on all the time hurts the battery?? I wasnt for sure that if the phone being contiously on reduced battery life or hurt the phone in anyway. Thanks for your help.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
It will reduce battery life as far as it's life during the day. As far as overall battery life? It's mostly based on how many times you charge it. The batteries in our phones however do benefit from being charged when above 50%. Some believe you need to let the battery drain to nothing before charging, but that hurts the life of a lithium ion battery.

It doesn't hurt the phone in any way to leave it on.

I have some phones over 3 or 4 years old and the battery is fine.

Reactions: tallen316

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If doesn't hurt to leave it on. But it's also not good to keep shutting it off and turning it back on. Leaving it on will eat up some battery but not a lot.

Reactions: tallen316

tallen316

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys for the info. I am one to turn my phone off at night in habit. So leaving my phone on will not hurt a thing. I guess my main concern was that leaving a phone on would reduce the life of the batter and/or the device.