carlarcher

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
> I bring up the text box.
> Click new message.
> Type in the party's phone number.
> Type message.
> Send.

A few seconds later, I get a message, "click Y" to send message to a phone number.
The message will cost $.25.

But the problem is, my plan is unlimited voice and texting, why $.25?

I'm I addressing it wrong?

Is it supposed to be:
phonenumber@yrmobl.com?

I've just been entering his voice phone number 1-***-***-****
(I don't know his mobile provider)

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Remind us--which phone do you have, and which carrier? Is the person you're texting outside the country? Are you in a roaming area, or are you in your carrier's home network?

carlarcher

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Remind us--which phone do you have, and which carrier? Is the person you're texting outside the country? Are you in a roaming area, or are you in your carrier's home network?

Hi B. Diddy, I have a ZTE N817 and carrier is Virgin Mobile with the unlimited voice and text plan. The person I'm trying to send to is in the same city as me and we're both in the carrier's home network area.

I think the problem may be I was sending the text to his phone number, hence the $.25 charge. I think I should have been sending the text to his email address so I did that but no reply as of yet. I feel so foolish!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why you'd be charged $0.25 for sending a text in the usual way, if you have unlimited texting. Does Virgin Mobile have some special conditions for the unlimited texts? Try contacting their support and ask.

carlarcher

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure why you'd be charged $0.25 for sending a text in the usual way, if you have unlimited texting. Does Virgin Mobile have some special conditions for the unlimited texts? Try contacting their support and ask.

Thanks B. Diddy, I'll contact their support in the morning. Probably something I'm doing wrong, being only a few days into cellphones.

carlarcher

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
OK, problem solved, it was just a matter of addressing correctly. I worked this out by sending to my other email addresses.

1. I shouldn't have been sending to a telephone number. (you can but it'll cost $.25 per msg)
2. I should have been sending to his email address or mobile address.
3. New message. Once I put in the email address that's all that goes in that box. (I was putting in a title next to the email address)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that must be specific to the plan you have. For most other wireless companies, unlimited texting refers to sending SMS messages to another wireless number (not an email address). Glad you figured it out!

carlarcher

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, that must be specific to the plan you have. For most other wireless companies, unlimited texting refers to sending SMS messages to another wireless number (not an email address). Glad you figured it out!

Yes B. Diddy, I'm so new to phones that for me there's a learning curve. I'm just glad it's working though. Thanks for all the help and suggestions, this forum is great. I knew I made the right choice picking a forum with the most active posts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084