Message not sent led to your phone has been deactivated?

CodyAndrews1

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Message not sent led to "your phone has been deactivated"

Hello all. Earlier today I tried sending a text, then the "message not sent" notification came up.I read that doing *22 to update to tower would work, but then after trying to make a call, I got the message: "your phone has been deactivated." I went into my phone settings and it shows my call and text are still in date. Is there anyway to fix this, or wait it out, or get a whole new phone all together? My phone is a Motorola Android Moto E

Thank you.

Last edited:

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Message not sent led to "your phone has been deactivated"

Hi Cody, thanks for stopping in!

If you can, tell us a little more about your phone; Model Number, Android Version & Carrier?

My first thought would be to have you call your carrier to see if there's something wrong on their end. Let continue to try to resolve it here, but give us a little more info about your phone.

Thanks
Chris

CodyAndrews1

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site

Mike: I tried, I have had the same result.

Chris: Moto E, version 4.4.4, tracphone straighttalk

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

Yeah my next suggestion would have been to call your carrier to find out what's happened maybe H3aTeRzz can help further

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Ok, lets try this, if possible. I'm not familiar with that phone, but try the below steps. Can't hurt!

1. If you can, take the SIM card out, clean the copper part it (GENTLY) with a pencil eraser, then wipe with dry cloth.
2. If that doesn't fix it, then go into your settings, and turn Airplane Mode On, Reboot, Turn AP mode off, reboot, then try phone again.
3. Assuming that didn't work, Go into recovery and Wipe Partition Cache ( See link below on how to enter recovery.)
4. Assuming (as in step 1) you have a SIM card, you may need to get another one from however you'd get it having a trac phone.
5. All that fails: Get a new phone.

http://www.android.gs/enter-recovery-mode-on-motorola-moto-e/

Hope this help, keep us posted!

Chris

CodyAndrews1

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site

I tried all the steps with no luck. Looks like I'll be purchasing a new one. Thanks for the help anyway guys, I appreciate it.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

You are quite welcome! I am sorry we were not able to get this resolved!

CodyAndrews1

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site

I found out the problem. As silly as it sounds, I had forgotten to switch payment options from the old card to the new one. oops. Thanks anyway everyone!