Why won't my apps download over wifi?

A

AC Question

My apps don't download over Wi-Fi

When I tried to download an app
It would show the downloading bar but wouldn't do anything. I've found different solutions for what I thought the problem was but then I switched to mobile data and the apps started downloading then I switched back to Wi-Fi because I didn't want to use mobile data. Can someone p pm ease help me to fix this. Thank you

dswhitty

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: My apps don't download over Wi-Fi

When I tried to download an app
It would show the downloading bar but wouldn't do anything. I've found different solutions for what I thought the problem was but then I switched to mobile data and the apps started downloading then I switched back to Wi-Fi because I didn't want to use mobile data. Can someone p pm ease help me to fix this. Thank you

Hi- I struggled with this on both my phone and my wife's. I cleared data and caches, and even did a factory reset, but the issue remained: updates would only come through via mobile data. They'd just spin and ultimately timeout via wifi.

Try this: Go to the wifi settings on your phone, select the name of the wifi access point you're using, and select "forget". I also pressed the reset button on the back of our router.

Once the router's done resetting, reconnect your phone to the wifi. This worked on both my phone and my wife's phone (Samsung Note4 & S6). Updates started downloading via wifi with no problems at all.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Last edited:

dswhitty

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi- I struggled with this on both my phone and my wife's. I cleared data and caches, and even did a factory reset, but the issue remained: updates would only come through via mobile data. They'd just spin and ultimately timeout via wifi.

Try this: Go to the wifi settings on your phone, select the name of the wifi access point you're using, and select "forget". I also pressed the reset button on the back of our router.

Once the router's done resetting, reconnect your phone to the wifi. This worked on both my phone and my wife's phone (Samsung Note4 & S6). Updates started downloading via wifi with no problems at all.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance