Wav files and converted wav files will not play on Android from Youtube, why?

A

AC Question

Wav files and converted wav files will not play on android from Youtube

I am creating a new web series. We shot with DSLRs and recorded most of the audio with a Tascam audio recorder which records as WAV files. When we uploaded the finished video to youtube, It plays on PC and Mac desktops but all the audio that was recorded as a Wav file will not play on android phones. myself and two of my friends all tried on their phones.

I then put the WAV audio in Adobe Audition and converted it into an MP3. Same result. But all the MP3 music plays fine. Any audio we used from the camera plays fine on the android that is. But all the wav files or converted wav to MP3 files are silent on the androids. Again plays fine on the desktop/laptop computer.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Wav files and converted wav files will not play on android from Youtube

I am creating a new web series. We shot with DSLRs and recorded most of the audio with a Tascam audio recorder which records as WAV files. When we uploaded the finished video to youtube, It plays on PC and Mac desktops but all the audio that was recorded as a Wav file will not play on android phones. myself and two of my friends all tried on their phones.

I then put the WAV audio in Adobe Audition and converted it into an MP3. Same result. But all the MP3 music plays fine. Any audio we used from the camera plays fine on the android that is. But all the wav files or converted wav to MP3 files are silent on the androids. Again plays fine on the desktop/laptop computer.

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried to see if there is an add on codec for YouTube you have to install on the phones?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
What file format is the final product you are uploading, what codec is it you are using? If its MP4 with MP3 audio track embedded it should be fine.

Is your YT app the latest version?
Can it be played through a www browser?
Can you share the video URL?... just for kicks and giggles to see if it plays on my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress