Changing message icon color??

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way I can change the color of the green smiley message icon on my main screen to a different color? I have a droid incredible, and I used better cut to change the default handcent icon to the green smiley face one, but now I want to change the color of the app icon from green to a different color. Any ideas?? If I could download the icon in a different color, I could use better cut to replace the green one, but I don't know where to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I am not rooted.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You could use a different Launcher... like Launcher Pro Plus and download the app "LPI"..Launcher Pro Icons. It will give you custom icons or stock icons in every color for almost any app in the market.
You choose the app icon and color from LPI and save it to your gallery. Then from the dock, just long press over any icon and you can change the shortcut or the icons image.... choose custom and select the saved image from your gallery.
Its a great Launcher with other customizations as well. There's a free version of the app and a paid version. The paid version lets you customize everything from screens to icons... it even has its own style of Widgets.

To change the notification icon..Open Handcent...Hit the menu button on your phone...Go to>Settings>Notification Settings>Notification Settings(customize the notifications)>Notification Icon(select the notification icon)..... choose your color.