My Android Lollipop 3.1 doesn't have Bluetooth, how can I get it?

A

AC Question

I got my Proscan 9in lollipop 3.1 tablet ,recently, for me to find bluetooth i have to search it in the settings menu but when i try to turn bluetooth On it says "Unfortunately Settings has stopped" does it have bluetooth in staled like a chip or how a radio needs an antenna. if so how do I install the chip.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If there's a Bluetooth switch in the system settings, then it should be available. The "Unfortunately Settings has stopped" error is more likely due to some problem with the firmware or other 3rd party apps causing instability. Does this persist after a reboot? Or in Safe Mode? On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

EDIT: What's the exact model number of your tablet? I looked up a 9" Proscan tablet, and it does not have Bluetooth: http://www.hhgregg.com/proscan-9-8g...blet-with-case-and-keyboard/item/PLT9650GK8GB. It's possible that yours doesn't have Bluetooth, but they didn't bother removing it from the settings menu. If the tablet didn't come with Bluetooth, then you'd have to look for a USB Bluetooth dongle that's compatible with the tablet. I doubt you'll find one, because these kinds of dongles are intended for PCs, not for Android devices.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could try it, but the the tablet has to have the proper driver for the dongle. I'm not sure if that's something that Android devices would have. Try searching around various other forums to see if others have had experience with that method.