Possible remedies for update or installation unsuccessful from Market

tcalbaz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This is not so much as a query as an advisement. Please feel free to chime in with your own findings.

I own a TMobile G2 / HTC Hero running Android 2.2 and I have well over two hundred Apps on my phone. Lately I have been getting many failed installation or updates when downloading apps from Market. This was really beginning to get me good and pissed.

I seemed to have stumbled upon a possible solution and explanation.
I began noticing that most of the installation and updates tended to fail when I used an App such as Apps2SD to move my Apps over to my micro SD card.

Some of those moves got a little complicated as sometimes a portion of an App would remain on the phone and another portion would go on to the SD card. These were often the applications that usually failed when it came time to do updates. Sometimes the updates failed even after the entire Apps had been moved over to the SD card.

The remedy that seemed to work was to use Apps2SD to move the entire App back to the phone and then to attempt updating from the Market. If this didn't work then deleting the App and performing a fresh install from Market usually was successful. As I went about this process I began to find Apps that split themselves up like this were better off just being left on the phone.

I also noticed that some Apps must be manually installed because thats just the things roll.

Since I moved or adjusted the misbehaving Apps I seemed to have resolved my installation/update issues and things are working smoothly now. My phone just purrs along.

If anyone else has comments or suggestions please feel free to share.

Last edited:

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same issue with some of the "pre-installed" and permanent apps that HTC and Google have placed on my EVO. What I have found was that waiting a few hours corrects the problem. These are apps that are completely on the phones internal memory.

I have the majority of my apps on my SD card that I had placed there with App2SD and have not had any problems with updating them.

Doc

tcalbaz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
In an ideal world all Apps would live in Internal memory. But since I'm such an App Hog (250x and counting) that dream isn't practical.

I should mention that for the most part Apps2SD works successfully on about 85% of my Apps on my G2 when it came to moving them over to my SD card with little in the way of performance hits. Your mileage may vary.

CmHall9

Mar 16, 2011
www.facebook.com
Re: Possible remedies for update or installation unsuccessful fro

I'm having the same problem. The app I was using to move my apps to and from my SD card is called Android System Info. After moving the apps back to the phones internal memory the updates worked. However I'm still having problems with the occasional new app that I download that won't install after download.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781