Why do my notifications keep sounding until I read it?

A

AC Question

my notifications keep sounding until i read it

I used to be able to have the notification just alert me once when I got a text message or missed a call ..now it continues until I open the messageing or phone app to show I received it ..how can I set it to just alert me once and not keep repeating?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: my notifications keep sounding until i read it

I used to be able to have the notification just alert me once when I got a text message or missed a call ..now it continues until I open the messageing or phone app to show I received it ..how can I set it to just alert me once and not keep repeating?

I am not sure what phone you have, but typically, in settings. You have an option for how you are alerted.
And you have the option to Alert Once, or continue to alert until you acknowledge the notification

noonthirty

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Try going to the main "settings" menu. Scroll down to "accessibility" and there are repeat or persistent notification options. It took me forever to find this. Silly place to hide it.

If not, try going not to the main settings menu but the settings within the messaging app. Go like you are going to send a text (but don't start composing one) and hit your menu button. A separate list of texting options should come up.

Hope this helps you 😃