Atrix - WiFi issues after unlocking

jsjeffery

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I'm a new Android convert from Blackberry! I recently purchased an unlock code to unlock my Motorola Atrix from ATT for my local provider (I work abroad). When I was waiting for the unlock code I was able to use the locked phone for every function except making calls... ie. WiFi worked, browsing, GPS etc... once I unlocked and put my local sim card in, it allowed me to do everything except connect to WiFi! When I go into WiFi controls and activate the WiFi, it populates a list of available networks but then they all disappear and the WiFi says "Disconnected". The only way I can get the networks to re-populate is to turn off WiFi and turn it back on... but even if I can select a network before it disappears, all WiFi will say is "Scanning" then switching to "Disconnected".

So I thought this was strange, so I called Motorola and they had no clue what could cause it... but weirdly enough when I put my AT&T sim card in to the Atrix, it allows WiFi to connect flawlessly.

So recap:

Local non AT&T sim card works for everything but WiFi (makes calls, data package works etc..)

AT&T sim cards allows WiFi to work.

Is it possible that AT&T has locked down the WiFi functionality to not work with other sim cards regardless of unlocking?

Please, any help or suggestions would be great. I really like this phone and want to keep it!

Things I've done:
2 Factory Hard Resets
Double checked all my APN settings for my local provider.
Multiple restarts.

Thanks!

n30phyte

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Same issue

I have the exact same issue, only I never had AT&T. I purchased an Atrix before moving over seas, was able to use wifi with the phone before I unlocked it, now no wifi with my unlocked phone and the local sim. Worse, I did a factory reset and now I can't get past the damn blur setup since I have no network access... Any luck on your end?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2