Messaging apps, predictive texts filling in email addresses from my contact list?

jes1718

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
messaging apps, predictive texts filling in email addresses from my contact list

Its very annoying that my suggested words fill in email addresses from my contact list as I am typing . This happens in all my messaging apps , Whats app, Verizon message, Facebook messenger ,etc..
I have to keep backspacing and deleting simple words that come up as these email addresses.
I want to disable this feature and just have suggested words .
Thanks

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: messaging apps, predictive texts filling in email addresses from my contact list

Its very annoying that my suggested words fill in email addresses from my contact list as I am typing . This happens in all my messaging apps , Whats app, Verizon message, Facebook messenger ,etc..
I have to keep backspacing and deleting simple words that come up as these email addresses.
I want to disable this feature and just have suggested words .
Thanks

Welcome to Android Central!

What phone are you using and what keyboard are you using? Usually you can go to settings, language and input, tap on the keyboard you are using and it should pull up the settings for that keyboard.

Robert Petrin

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: messaging apps, predictive texts filling in email addresses from my contact list

I just also removed that feature. It still suggests, but will not auto-fill anymore. That was just too annoying.

rockmom

May 19, 2016
Visit site

How did you remove it? It's bizarre that it keeps putting in email addresses from my contacts if their email starts with a 'normal' word or I'm typing a name and it dumps in an email address for anyone with that name. I want to keep predictive text enabled but I can't have it constantly dropping in email addresses in the middle of a text message.

rockmom

May 19, 2016
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central!

What phone are you using and what keyboard are you using? Usually you can go to settings, language and input, tap on the keyboard you are using and it should pull up the settings for that keyboard.
I have tried that, but still am having email addresses pop up in any text messaging app. For instance if I were to type the word 'it' and your email is 'itguy' it would fill in your email address and not let me even use the word 'it'. It forces me to use the email or just not use that word. For someone that has hundreds of email contacts, it make sending a text message very challenging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome