Group messages going to individual recipients

anon(5559218)

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I've searched quite bit for resolution to this problem, but none of the suggested fixes have worked for me, or just don't apply for one reason or another.

I am on AT&T with a Sony Xperia Z5 (model E6653). I purchased this phone in December and got it all set it up to work on the AT&T network. I can't recall if I had this problem on my previous phone (S5), but I don't think so. Anyway, on with it -

Sometimes when I receive group messages, I receive a sender's message in that sender's individual message thread that I have to tap to download. When I download it, the message disappears from the individual thread and appears in the group thread.

I upgraded to MM yesterday. Since then, when I send group messages, the recipients receives the message as an individual message. Also, I still have the same problem that I mentioned above. Individual messages work correctly.

I use Google Messenger. Prior to upgrading to MM, I tried Disa and Hangouts. Both had the same problem. I opened Disa a couple times after MM and kept getting some (unrelated) annoying message, so I deleted the app (I had been questioning the value of it at that point, so that's why it wasn't worth it for me to troubleshoot the issue).

Any help you can provide is appreciated!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I used to get an message stating: Unknown sender - Message not found. I would get this message when someone would try to send me a group message. When I try to delete it from the list of messages, it just reappears. It's somehow related to this, but I'm not sure how.

Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've searched quite bit for resolution to this problem, but none of the suggested fixes have worked for me, or just don't apply for one reason or another.

I am on AT&T with a Sony Xperia Z5 (model E6653). I purchased this phone in December and got it all set it up to work on the AT&T network. I can't recall if I had this problem on my previous phone (S5), but I don't think so. Anyway, on with it -

Sometimes when I receive group messages, I receive a sender's message in that sender's individual message thread that I have to tap to download. When I download it, the message disappears from the individual thread and appears in the group thread.

I upgraded to MM yesterday. Since then, when I send group messages, the recipients receives the message as an individual message. Also, I still have the same problem that I mentioned above. Individual messages work correctly.

I use Google Messenger. Prior to upgrading to MM, I tried Disa and Hangouts. Both had the same problem. I opened Disa a couple times after MM and kept getting some (unrelated) annoying message, so I deleted the app (I had been questioning the value of it at that point, so that's why it wasn't worth it for me to troubleshoot the issue).

Any help you can provide is appreciated!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I used to get an message stating: Unknown sender - Message not found. I would get this message when someone would try to send me a group message. When I try to delete it from the list of messages, it just reappears. It's somehow related to this, but I'm not sure how.

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you ever figure out what the issue was?