Re text messages appearing in messenger. I don't have marshmallow. I don't even know what it is?

A

AC Question

Re text messages appearing in messenger. I don't have marshmallow. I don't even know what it is

I had asked about how to stop my text messages appearing in messenger. I don't have marshmallow to change it, I don't even know what that is. Can anyone please help?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there. It would help to know which phone you have (Marshmallow is an Android version, your phone might have that or have something else installed, but I don't think you'd need that right now).

Also, are you using a different texting app or why do you want to 'stop' messages from appearing in Messenger? If you're using a Nexus phone, the Messenger app IS your texting app, so there's no way to remove the messages from there. If you're using a different phone, chances are you have a 'stock' messaging app and Messenger; if that's the case, you can safely uninstall Messenger from your phone and keep using the messaging app that came pre-installed (or any messaging app you might have installed).