Calendar Not Syncing & Cant CHange Country For Google Play - Android 6

Robert Lindsay

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys

This is regarding my girlfriends phone, she has a Samsung A3. She is polish and was recently living in Germany. Now she is in the uk.

When trying to download apps for the uk, its not possible, i followed guides regarding deleting old payment card in google wallet, adding a new card based in the uk, attempt to make a purchase on google play but dont carry it through, this did not work, i also changed the billing address on her google account and deleted the old one. None of this worked. Any suggestions how to get round this problem as there is a few uk apps that she would like.

Another problem is her calendar is not syncing, she has Android 6, i installed the google calendar, this did not help, using the Samsung calendar does not work either. Any entries added using her calendar do not sync with google calendar online. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the change of country: If I recall correctly, she needs to register a credit card with a valid, in-country, address. If she is still using her old credit card, she needs to officially change her address with the card company and then do the same in the Play Store.

Robert Lindsay

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Regarding the change of country: If I recall correctly, she needs to register a credit card with a valid, in-country, address. If she is still using her old credit card, she needs to officially change her address with the card company and then do the same in the Play Store.

Thanks for your help. I did these steps for her already. The card is for her new bank account which is a uk bank, the billing address is also changed to her uk billing address. the guide i read said you dont need to go through with the purchase, just select a paid app and go through the steps up to the last step but dont actually buy it.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I did these steps for her already. The card is for her new bank account which is a uk bank, the billing address is also changed to her uk billing address. the guide i read said you dont need to go through with the purchase, just select a paid app and go through the steps up to the last step but dont actually buy it.

Okay, this has come up before. It seems the last thing she needs to do is to make a purchase - anything at all, can be just a few pennies - and then her country will properly update.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As for the calendar, try Jorte Calendar. Not my favorite calendar, but it staus in sync with the Google calendar (including the holiday calendar, if you add it at Google Calendar, marked dates on Google calendars included from other people, etc.)

Robert Lindsay

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the replies guys, ill give this Jorte calendar a try, i will need to fix the changing country issue first, im not sure if that calendar would be available on Polish google play. I dont see my girlfriend till very late tonight so ill try once i see her.

Calendar sync is enabled, even doing manual syncs does not make a difference, it show the small sync symbol but its not connecting to google calendar online.

Robert Lindsay

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply guys, i have been moving house and been very busy.

I bought the poweramp app at 3.99 euro on my girlfriends phone, it still does not let my install uk apps.

I tried Jorte calendar, it does not sync the calendar either. In the settings, google is syncing the the likes of gmail and calendar, its not not getting to the calendar online.

any other suggestions guys?