Recovering Contacts (Stored on Device)

79adam79

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
The touchscreen on my phone stopped working. I bought a new phone and need to recover my contacts. They're all stored on my device, so I can't just go to Google and get 'em. Is there a way that I can do this?

Thanks,
-Adam

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
The touchscreen on my phone stopped working. I bought a new phone and need to recover my contacts. They're all stored on my device, so I can't just go to Google and get 'em. Is there a way that I can do this?

Thanks,
-Adam

That's brutal. You don't have access to a USB OTG cable and USB mouse, do you? That would definitely be a simple way to do it.

79adam79

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
That's brutal. You don't have access to a USB OTG cable and USB mouse, do you? That would definitely be a simple way to do it.

Not sure what a USB OTG cable is, but I can connect my phone to my computer with the USB cable I use with my charger. Is this what you're talking about? Thanks.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
USB OTG is a cable that turns your micro USB input into a full sized USB input, so different than the one that plugs into your computer. If you can get a mouse running on your screen, we're in business. No chance you had an OUYA controller or Bluetooth mouse/keyboard synced at one point and have Bluetooth turned on, is there?

79adam79

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a bluetooth mouse, but it's gonna be a hassle to get it back; it's a 2 1/2 train/bus commute to where it's at. How does a mouse extract contacts? There isn't an app that I can download with my new phone that an export the contacts?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A mouse extracts contacts by putting a pen on it, putting the whole thing on a piece of paper with the mouse cursor at a known corner, then opening Contacts, opening the menu and exporting contacts.

Then use the map you just drew (with the pen) to do the same thing on a phone without a touchscreen.

(In the future, enter ALL your contacts as Google type. Then they're already saved on Google Contacts for you.

79adam79

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
for whatever reason the touchscreen works every so often when i drop it on my concrete floor. It's really bizarre, but I was able to get my contacts....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez