My device was lost, found, and now looks empty?

Logan Defoe

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
My device was lost, found, and now looks empty?!

Alright here's my situation, my friend lost her phone the other day and it was found in front of a coffee shop she went to by another student at our school. The guy gave my friend her phone and all was well but when we charged it and turned it on it appeared the phone had been restored. She freaked out and thought it was the SIM card but I knew that wasn't true because she could still call and text plus I could see it in her phone, the SD slot was empty but I remember she never had an SD card because I suggested getting one once. Anyway, it's weird because she had a Verizon Samsung S4 or S5 (I don't remember) but the OS looks different as the icons don't look like they used to and all of her pictures, music, everything is gone. I checked her storage though and it says ~6GB of apps and no music, pictures or videos BUT there is ~5.5GB of miscellaneous files. My theory is that all of her stuff is still there somewhere but I can't find it in the file manager. Is her phone's memory gone with all of her pictures or are they there somewhere?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: My device was lost, found, and now looks empty?!

Alright here's my situation, my friend lost her phone the other day and it was found in front of a coffee shop she went to by another student at our school. The guy gave my friend her phone and all was well but when we charged it and turned it on it appeared the phone had been restored. She freaked out and thought it was the SIM card but I knew that wasn't true because she could still call and text plus I could see it in her phone, the SD slot was empty but I remember she never had an SD card because I suggested getting one once. Anyway, it's weird because she had a Verizon Samsung S4 or S5 (I don't remember) but the OS looks different as the icons don't look like they used to and all of her pictures, music, everything is gone. I checked her storage though and it says ~6GB of apps and no music, pictures or videos BUT there is ~5.5GB of miscellaneous files. My theory is that all of her stuff is still there somewhere but I can't find it in the file manager. Is her phone's memory gone with all of her pictures or are they there somewhere?

Did she login to the play store and have the Android Device Manager on? And maybe Reset the phone?
That is the first thing I would do if I lost my device.
Was her phone locked with pin, or pattern? Or could this guy accessed it and just done a factory reset on it thinking he was going to keep it but then had second thoughts?
Your friends stuff is gone, it was factory reset either way from her or the guy. The MISC FILES are OS Related, preloaded files, etc. This is normal.
I hope that helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm