How to hook up my samsung note 4 to my samsung tv?

Bill4310

May 1, 2016
Visit site
I was tryn to hook up my Note 4 to my Samsung tv with no luck. I have wireless wifi in my home through Brighthouse. My router is downstairs which is about 30- 40 feet away. My Note 4 has Screen Mirror. I went to staples and talked with a guy and he talked me into buying a 50 foot ethernet cable and said it would do the job, Is this true? As i havent hooked it up yet. He said run the ethernet cable from my downstairs modem upstairs to back of my tv. How would this task hook my phone up? I was just curious if it would work or should i return cable and purchase ChromeCast? Someone told me if i have screen mirror, I dont need to buy anythn, Is this true? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Bill

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I was tryn to hook up my Note 4 to my Samsung tv with no luck. I have wireless wifi in my home through Brighthouse. My router is downstairs which is about 30- 40 feet away. My Note 4 has Screen Mirror. I went to staples and talked with a guy and he talked me into buying a 50 foot ethernet cable and said it would do the job, Is this true? As i havent hooked it up yet. He said run the ethernet cable from my downstairs modem upstairs to back of my tv. How would this task hook my phone up? I was just curious if it would work or should i return cable and purchase ChromeCast? Someone told me if i have screen mirror, I dont need to buy anythn, Is this true? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Bill
Is your TV a smart TV that connects wirelessly to the internet? If so, then you should be able to connect it to the device. However, there may be some limitations.

What (specifically) are you trying to display or control on your TV via the phone? Netflix? Hulu? Stream your phone screen? Chromecast may be your best bet as long as you receive a WiFi signal in the TV room.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm