I cracked my screen on my Asus tablet

Bill4310

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Good Morning to all my friends around the world!!!!! Well i can finally saybi stepped on my 32 gig Asus tablet and cracked the screen. Well lets say at least i think i did. Its a 50- 50 chance i did it or my kid used it while i was workn and dropped it and put it back under my bed. But either way i have a cracked screen and this is my good tablet. My ? Is can the screen be replaced? And if so whats a guessestimate on the cost? I had this generic guy look at it and he told me i might as well junk it? Not sure if he knew what he was talkn about. He said if i turn it on and i get a bunch of weird colors on the screen it would need some type of part. Im not too savvy about fixn things so i really dont know what he is talkn about. Hopefully 1 of my friends here has more knowledge than the generic guy. I really like this tablet, But if its going to be over $150 to repair i might as well buy a new one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Trying to guesstimate the cost is impossible without even knowing which tablet you own. Asus makes many models. That said, unless you change the entire screen, including the digitizer, you may not be successful in repairing the tablet. Beyond that, unless the screen is OEM and not some fly-by-night replacement, Heaven only knows if it'll work, much less look good. Without knowing the model you have, I would guess it'll cost you at least $150 (or close to it) if a repair shop did the replacement. If you did it yourself, you might end up spending that same amount of money if your attempts were futile, you broke something in the process, or you didn't like what you ended up with and had to buy another replacement screen. If $150 is your cut off budget, my recommendation is to just buy a new tablet and sell the broken one on ebay for parts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante