Changing Date and Time Setting

blackcat007

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I need to change the time on my LG Optimus M (Metro PCS) to compensate for the day light saving. however I can't find from where should I do it, I don't see anything else other than the time and date format under Date and time settings. I read about a Client NTP which solves the problem, however your phone needs to be rooted, is it safe to root them and run the Client NTP?
Also is there any other ways to change the time?

trevormc

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
@blackcat007:

The LG Optimus apparently is marketed under various android versions (V, M, S). For the V (Virgin Mobile) version, the same problem with inability to set date and time exists but is solved by switching off the phone and turning it on again. It appears to get its time and date signal from the network as it is supposed to, but is unable to auto-update. I suggest you try this on your version of the optimus. Hope this helps.

DirTay05

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I got the Metro PCS LG Optimus M also and its been a few days other then it runs slow from time to time and now due to daylight savings my phone time has not updated! I've searched through the manual even searching the internet and still got nothing!!! Someone PLEASE help if you had and fixed this situation!!!

DirTay05

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh okay.... Reading the reply from trevormc I did turn it off and back on and it worked! Thanks... that was easy I don't know why I didn't think or try that!!! Thanks a lot!!!!!

heatherdrewa

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
me and my bf have the LG Optimus Net for net 10 and we cant find out how to change the time . and my phone wont connect to wifi . can anybody help me figure this out? Mine i have it connected to the wifi but the logo for the wifi is white? but my bfs is blue. :-\

CatyScarlett

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
So I went to Date and Time under Settings and all that is there is "use 24 hour format" and "select date format"... how do I change the time on there? i notice on my ipod i can change the time any time i want with NO hassle. i think it's called like "auto tuning", im very untechno savy... SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez