Using pdanet to balance two phone's internet on one computer?

May 11, 2016
Visit site
I work for a small business in the middle of nowhere. Zero hardline internet access, with no hopes of ever getting it.

There is Sprint 4G coverage, and we have two phones (Samsung S5) dedicated to Tethering (using pdanet USB connections), but we need to upgrade our network infrastructure.

We don't have much extra money for all of the data we use which is why we are using pdanet and an unlimited data plan.

To upgrade the network we need to implement a few different routers and switches now. The trick is getting the internet from the phones using pdanet to the first switch.

So far I can do it with one phone. In the following sequence.

S5 with pdanet > Windows 10 laptop using connection sharing > Router

I want to be able to connect both S5's to a computer using pdanet, balance the load, and use connection sharing to go to the first router.

Right now pdanet will only recognize one phone at a time though, I need it to recognize both.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Each phone is currently pulling 30M down and 10M up. Crazy right? I've been running speed test's forever and those are the numbers.

Thank you in advance.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like a limitation with PDAnet. I'm not sure that you can achieve this, unless you have another machine to connect one if the S5's tobwithiut having to connect both to one computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20