Why do downloads fail when the screen is locked? on both my galaxy s6 and my galaxy tab A

android jake

May 24, 2016
Visit site
When ever try to download anything
the download fails when either the screen is locked or when I switch apps to do something else while waiting on the download. (I do keep the app I'm downloading with open when I switch to a different app)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Any power saving modes turned on? Or 3rd party battery saver apps? Also, is this on wi-fi only, or also with mobile data?

android jake

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Any power saving modes turned on? Or 3rd party battery saver apps? Also, is this on wi-fi only, or also with mobile data?

I usually download with WiFi but it can happen with 4g / 3g downloads to. U don't use 3rd party battery saver apps but I generally do leave my devices in their own power save mode, do you think that could be the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

rasmith1959

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I usually download with WiFi but it can happen with 4g / 3g downloads to. U don't use 3rd party battery saver apps but I generally do leave my devices in their own power save mode, do you think that could be the problem.

Most likely as typically WiFi is turned off when the device goes to sleep and power saving is turned on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, see what happens if you turn off power saving. Different phones may do things differently with their power saving modes, so it's hard to generalize--just test it out.