Is Kies able to perform a full reflash?

DocDouglas

May 30, 2016
Visit site
I just updated my Galaxy S5 (stock, unrooted) device to MM throught OTA. I've had a few bugs (No SIM icon missing, and hitting back to cancel highlight on Chrome causing app to close) which persisted after factory reset, so I considerated the option of using Kies to reflash the custom ROM to the phone...

Is Kies able to be used in that way? Will the ROM be a clean install or it's about the same to a default factory reset? Are there any risks in the process?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my Galaxy S5 (stock, unrooted) device to MM throught OTA. I've had a few bugs (No SIM icon missing, and hitting back to cancel highlight on Chrome causing app to close) which persisted after factory reset, so I considerated the option of using Kies to reflash the custom ROM to the phone...

Is Kies able to be used in that way? Will the ROM be a clean install or it's about the same to a default factory reset? Are there any risks in the process?

Unfortunately guys will not allow you to restore or refresh the factory image. For that you would need to use a separate program called Odin and the appropriate factory image.

DocDouglas

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately guys will not allow you to restore or refresh the factory image. For that you would need to use a separate program called Odin and the appropriate factory image.

I thought it really might just install over the old one...

Thanks a lot mate, saved me some time there... Haha

BTW, do you think reflashing (the same official 6.0.1 MM ROM) might do any good or I'm (WE really, since there's a lot of people in the same boat) probably facing build specific issues and should wait for a new patch?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463