Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 camera shutter sound not working after Marshmallow update

Buz Murdock

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
I just updated my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow today and notice that my camera shutter sound is no longer working. I've tried toggling the setting off and back on again (it's currently on) but that didn't help. There is also now (sometimes) a blue circle (busy in background) that rotates around the shutter button when I press it. This is all new behavior since the update. Any ideas about what might be wrong?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
On the LG V10 MM update there were some little things here and there that didn't work right. I cleared cache and that didn't work. Once I did a factory reset everything was fine. Might want to try those.

Last edited:

Buz Murdock

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Jim. It wasn't the media volume but your reply gave me an idea. Evidently they have moved the sound for the camera shutter from "Media" to "System". I had the system sounds turned down because they were distracting. Turning the system sounds back up enabled my shutter sound. I was able to turn off the individual system sounds I don't want (touch sounds and keyboard sounds) so now everything is sorted. :)