How do I download apps onto sd card on my Samsung Galaxy J5?

Gaurav Sag

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: How do I download apps onto sd card samsung galaxy j5?

To move applications on your Samsung Galaxy J5, open the settings, look down to the gadget and tap on Applications. Further Tapon Application Manager, select the application that you need to move and tap on it. Presently, Tap on move to sd card. The application is effectively moved from inward stockpiling to SD card.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's to install some small parts of some apps to the SD card. (You don't gain very much space, because links to those parts are left in main storage.)

To download ... all downloads are made to main storage. The only way to change that is to rewrite Android.

Ian47

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
So android 5.1 allows me to transfer the apps to SD card but subsequently tells me the apps are not installed. I could do this without problems on a Moto g HTC and Cubit phones running 5.1marshmallow

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
"I have phone memory nearly full and memory card with lots of storage space "
Yes, that has been a problem for many people with phones. Maybe get a phone with more internal memory or don't download unnecessary apps. My solution was to buy a tablet with lots of internal memory for apps and use a cheap phone with not too much internal memory for just making phone calls. My 9 dollar a month Trac phone does this just fine.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So android 5.1 allows me to transfer the apps to SD card but subsequently tells me the apps are not installed. I could do this without problems on a Moto g HTC and Cubit phones running 5.1marshmallow

Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

Ian47

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm fairly sure the card is genuine. Only 5gb on a 16 gb card. I will however check out what you wrote. Card mounts fine on other devices
I have read that with a new card you can choose it as ,"Internal storage" by ticking a box so I might try that with a new spare card.
It seems strange that the option exists to move apps to the memory card although you can't do that!

Michael Saxon

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Tried this "Adoptable Storage" on my wife's Moto X Pure. It mostly works, with some big caveats. 1) most Google apps are required to be in internal storage. 2) Many apps will not install to the SD card even if internal memory is full...The app author needs to make a small change that most don't bother with. 3) if you move an app manually, it will move back to internal storage when it updates. So, I'm constantly moving her apps back to the SD card manually.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have read that with a new card you can choose it as ,"Internal storage" by ticking a box so I might try that with a new spare card.

Do you have a Galaxy J5 like the OP? If so, then you won't be able to use it as Internal (Adoptable) Storage, because Samsung chose not to implement this feature in their phones.

Folderol

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
I can't find any reference on the Apps to 'Move to SD Card' so I don't seem to have the option installed. Anyone help?
(Samsung Galaxy J5)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How many apps did you look at in the App Manager? If a phone supports moving apps to SD, be aware that there are still apps that won't be movable, and therefore won't give you that option.

Doris Sheh

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Most apps can't be installed or moved to a microSD card. Only the media files like videos and photos can be moved to the SD card. If you want to move the apps, you may need root access for your phone.

123bbj

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I have a rooted J5 Prime and got a genuine SanDisk micro sd card it will as stated above only move parts of selected apps to sd
I downloaded an app called apps2sd and partitioned the sd card however apps2sd comes up with an error message

if anyone with experience in this field could give me some help it would be appreciated

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I've moved this thread to our new Samsung Galaxy J series forum.

Payam Nasehi

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Guys
I have a J5 PRO, I transferred some apps to SD.The point is I lose my SD apps with every restart or turning on/off
is it natural ?(I do not think so!!)/ nothing happen to other sd contents(mp3, video,...)
thanks

Payam Nasehi

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Guys
I have a J5 PRO, I transferred some apps to SD.The point is I lose my SD apps with every restart or turning on/off
is it natural ?(I do not think so!!)/ nothing happen to other sd contents(mp3, video,...)
thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon