Safficient Storage Available - Clear Cache ?

Champion RunNGun

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi. Today I tried to download an app from the play store that was only 30 MB. It told me that I had Safficient Storage available. My SD card has 6 GB available and It says that I haven't enough storage. I reseach it and I found that I need to clear the cache. My cache is around 700MB's. I'm not sure If I need to clear it but I want to solve the storage's problem. If I clear the cache will I lose anything? Like photos, music, apps data? (Do I need to log in Facebook,Instagram) for example after the cleared cache? Also if I clear the cache will it slow down my apps, or even the phone? Or the opposite will it speed it up ?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Clearing cache won't delete any personal information, you don't need to worry about this. Just be aware this is a temporary solution, in order to have free storage you need to delete some apps you don't use or some of your media files after saving them anywhere else. You can take a look at this guide for more information about cache.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=558872

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
In addition to what Javier said, the SD card won't help unless you're on Marshmallow and your phone has adoptable storage. Apps initially download and install to the internal storage. Some apps can later be "moved" to the SD card, but this generally isn't recommended. For one, it can make the app more unstable. Plus, it won't move the entire app. How much is moved to the SD card, if any, is dependent on each individual app. SD cards are best suited for individual files, like media, pdf's, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX