Galaxy S7 Edge Won't Transfer Files to Windows 10

metsfan421

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Tried connecting my Galaxy S7 Edge to my Windows 10 PC, it gets recognized by the phone companion app, which let me open File Explorer, which worked until I tried to search for all pictures on the phone, which it did, but when I selected them to move to the PC, the copy didn't work after the first .jpg, it just sat there frozen pretty much. When I tried to open the one image it did copy, it said that I didn't have permissions to view the file. Now when I click on the device in explorer after the copy crashed on me, it just sits there spinning in Explorer with no end in sight. Any ideas? Would like an easy way to delete the media on my phone to clear up space without having to manually go into the phone to do it.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Tried connecting my Galaxy S7 Edge to my Windows 10 PC, it gets recognized by the phone companion app, which let me open File Explorer, which worked until I tried to search for all pictures on the phone, which it did, but when I selected them to move to the PC, the copy didn't work after the first .jpg, it just sat there frozen pretty much. When I tried to open the one image it did copy, it said that I didn't have permissions to view the file. Now when I click on the device in explorer after the copy crashed on me, it just sits there spinning in Explorer with no end in sight. Any ideas? Would like an easy way to delete the media on my phone to clear up space without having to manually go into the phone to do it.

Just grab Samsung Smart Switch, this should let you transfer whatever you like from your phone to your Windows 10 machine.
Samsung Smart Switch™

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Do you have the phone settings to transfer files... and not just charge the battery? I just got an HP on windows 10 two days ago and its completely seamless... Windows 10 treats the phone like an external USB storage drive. I can drag / drop files wherever I want. (VS990 is the EU name for the LGV10)

Capture_2016-07-09-12-12-401_zps81cgpdm2.png

Screenshot%201_zpsn34jfc1y.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12