I want to know about Mobile Device Management and how it works?

A

AC Question

I want to know about Mobile Device Management and How it works?

I want to know about Mobile Device Management and How it works? Anybody explain in Laymen terms.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: I want to know about Mobile Device Management and How it works?

Google is your friend.

In short, you will see businesses using something like this to manage work issued phones tablet, or etc. It gives the business administration to full access to the device while the employee would have limited access to the full device. Such as installing unauthorized apps and etc.

Bishal Rai

Apr 2, 2018
Visit site
As the name itself suggests, it means centrally managing, monitoring and securing mobile devices. Lets assume that you run a business and you have given your employees mobile phones for work. Lets assume that they are supposed to use the mobile phones to accept orders and make official phone calls. In this scenario, though there are numerous advantages, there could be some concerns as well like:

- loss of employee productivity as they are frequently distracted by other apps or features in the phone
- data loss or threats problem as your customers' information is stored in a smartphone
- loss of the mobile phone itself
- high mobile data charges because of monitored use

These are just few. Now think about a much bigger company, hundreds of such mobile phones used for business activities. As the number of such devices increases and their functions expand, the problems also increases. Now, comes the need of a tool that allows the company to centrally manage, monitor and secure these devices no matter if the device is in the office or out somewhere in a different country all together.

This kind of central management setup makes it much easier for a small business or a big organisation to keep all the mobile devices (including tablets, desktops) in check and reap intended intended benefits out of it.

Manage-corporate-owned-Apple-devices-with-SureMDM.png
Image courtesy: 42Gears

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22