Android 5.1 Lollipop tethering problems, any ideas?

phill600

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
android 5.1 lollipop tethering problems

hi I have got a ulephone betouch 3 up until few days back I could tether my smartphone to my laptop to use my laptop on the internet.
now for some reason the tethering option is grayed out on my smartphone.
everything else is working ok on the phone browser etc. running 5.1 android. any ideas ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about USB tethering or Bluetooth or wi-fi tethering?

Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

phill600

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
hi I tether via usb lead tried another lead not that. went into storage and looked to see if its on the right selection which was media device that was ok. tried debugging still no luck and also tried a factory reset still no luck. when I plug the device into computer it says usb device not recognized tried different laptops still does not work. if I try safe mode what then ?
ok before i booted it into safe mode I did a factory reset since then took the sim card out to put in another phone.
I tried the safe mode buy I cant get rid of a launcher 3 message when i unlock the screen in safe mode.
tried clearing the cache in launcher 3 and clearing anything else in there but no luck.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Safe Mode temporarily disables all 3rd party apps that you may have installed--this helps to determine if a problem is due to a 3rd party app or not. A factory reset wouldn't have been necessary to test things out.

What Launcher3 message are you getting in Safe Mode?

phill600

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
unfortunately launcher 3 has stopped press ok and the message just wont go away in safe mode. restart the phone everything is ok. its just that message in safe mode !

phill600

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
you basically mean re flashing the phone ? how easy is this ? and I looked at the link you supplied in your last post but cannot find how you do it for windows 7 ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid I don't know much else about the process. You could see if the steps for Windows 8 work for 7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers