What has Best real battery life?

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Which phones, from the last two years have the best real battery life?

By your personal experience. I need a phone that easily can run two days with 'Light' usage.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi There,

battery life is depend on how your daily usage on your phone. Since android has backdrop of background process, by default it consume much of battery life. Still there are good phones with 3000 and plus mah battery life. Try for Xiaomi Mi4 & Mi4i with decent battery life of 1 1/2 days(without playing heavy games. New xiaomi note 2 has 4000 mah battery with 2bg/3gb ram option which is highest in the current market. Price cost approx 11,000/-. Go for it.

You've managed to discuss everything I politely requested not too. Thank you for your help......😉

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

By your personal experience. I need a phone that easily can run two days with 'Light' usage.

The question is virtually unanswerable because you would have to have used, extensively, all the phones of the last two years under the same operating and usage conditions. Even then you'd only be comparing the particular specimens that you had. It would be a fantastically expensive, time-wasting and pointless thing for an ordinary user to do.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
The question is virtually unanswerable because you would have to have used, extensively, all the phones of the last two years under the same operating and usage conditions. Even then you'd only be comparing the particular specimens that you had. It would be a fantastically expensive, time-wasting and pointless thing for an ordinary user to do.

Wow! I'm special! First two comments are from problem children, awesome!

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I think this is hard. I haven't tried many phones personally. I liked how the Sony Xperia Z3 battery life was. Without even trying, I barely got a day. I'm pretty sure I would have had better battery life if the phone worked better in my area. Generally high-end/flagship Sony phones are good with battery life. The ones that just came out, eh not as much. Run, don't walk, from the Xperia Z3+!

I haven't tried the Z5 to say much about it, but out of the Androids I have tried, that was the only one that didn't give me completely disappointing battery life after out of the box setup.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
First off .. Let's take it down a notch. People are responding and trying to help so being sarcastic / rude isn't necessary. Please try and post within the P.U.P.P.A.H spirit.

As for your question -- it is a bit broad. I mean most phones can last two days on light but .. light varies from person to person. Cell signal, brightness, usage patters, and all that play a BIG factor into how a battery can last. Are you restrictive to Android or would you be open to other options?

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

In my experience the S7 edge has given me the best battery life on an Android phone. Your mileage may vary of course :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I have had a phone last more than a day and a half. My Nexus 5X has come close, but the battery levels were so low, I don't like doing that on a regular basis.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Wow! I'm special! First two comments are from problem children, awesome!
Yes, but it's the personal experience bit that makes it difficult. About as much as you can say is that from collective experience, by many users, some phones soon emerge as having good battery....the Moto E and the Sony Xperia Z Compact series, as examples.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
What network are you on?
Reason I ask is I am on Verizon and the droid turbo get me through 2/3 of a day with heavy usage.
Take a look at the turbo or turbo 2 if on Verizon. Or an older note model as prices will come down when the note 7 is released.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
What network are you on?
Reason I ask is I am on Verizon and the droid turbo get me through 2/3 of a day with heavy usage.
Take a look at the turbo or turbo 2 if on Verizon. Or an older note model as prices will come down when the note 7 is released.

I'm on T mobile, why would that make a difference?

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but it's the personal experience bit that makes it difficult. About as much as you can say is that from collective experience, by many users, some phones soon emerge as having good battery....the Moto E and the Sony Xperia Z Compact series, as examples.

I don't play games, I pull my phone off the charger at nine am, play music stores on phone for 2-3 hours, use fb maybe five minutes per hour, make 1-2 two minute phone calls, one hour of navigation, five minutes of website per hour, until I put back on charger at 11pm. I'm on a blackberry passport and typically will have about 67% left on battery. I'll be moving back to Android but have had the heck spoiled out of me with the passport battery life and remember always having to check Nexus 4 battery and the Nexus on all charger, I don't charge passport at all during the day.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
remember always having to check Nexus 4 battery
Android has come a long way in terms of battery life since the Nex4. The battery is 600 mAh larger on the 5X, and between the OS being more battery friendly, the chipsets don't guzzle as much power either.

The person you quoted was suggesting a Verizon specific device. I think you can unlock one to run on TMo, but I don't think you'd get the full radio experience if you did. Moto's are well known for good radio reception which can help with better battery life.

That's sounds pretty good!
I commonly charge in the morning before work. I work afternoon/evening shifts so I have plenty of time. When I get home, I am usually around 40-45% remaining, and with Doze on MM, I lose 2-4% in 8 hours. So, I can go a full day between charges, fairly easily.

(Edit) Disclaimer: I am running Pure Nexus ROM tied with Franco Kernel, with a root app called Naptime. I have Doze set aggressively, meaning the app forces Doze several seconds after the screen goes off. This probably gives me several more hours of use between charges.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Network compatibility was already brought up, but here's another reason. Let's say you have a phone in mind but debating on which carrier. One could have a close tower giving you great reception, but the other with a tower further away and making your phone work harder to pull in the signal. All things being equal in this example, the phone would have worse battery life on the weaker network. You'd be surprised how much network signal strength can impact battery life, and that's just one reason why your initial question is hard to answer.

If the absolute battery life is that important, then I'd consider a couple other options. Get something with a removable battery (the LG G4 has a good reputation on the stock battery and it's removable), then replace it with a larger aftermarket battery. With the G4, I've seen batteries up to 10,000mAh. It's not without some trade offs in weight and size, but may be worth it.

Another option would be get a phone case with a built in battery. These cases are like external power packs that plug in to your USB port to charge/power your phone but are built into the case itself.

Either option may be what you need to go a full two days depending on your situation.