Why does Google Maps keep switching between real (gps) and fake (app) locations?

nexusbabe

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Why google maps keep switching between real (gps) and fake (app) locations ?

Hi girls & guys,
Almost all is in the title : been using different fake gps apps like 'Fake Location Spoofer Free', 'Fake GPS location', etc.. and been having the same problem everytime.

Using Android 6.0.1 on Nexus 5X.
Location paramater is set to 'Device only'.
Developper mod is activated, and the fake gps app is chosen in 'Mock application'.

Every time I set a fake location in the app, when I open google maps, my position keep switching between real (gps only) and fake (app) locations.

Anyone having the same issue ?

Regards

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why google maps keep switching between real (gps) and fake (app) locations ?

Uninstall the fake gps app... Do you still have the same problem?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why google maps keep switching between real (gps) and fake (app) locations ?

Hi girls & guys,
Almost all is in the title : been using different fake gps apps like 'Fake Location Spoofer Free', 'Fake GPS location', etc.. and been having the same problem everytime.

Using Android 6.0.1 on Nexus 5X.
Location paramater is set to 'Device only'.
Developper mod is activated, and the fake gps app is chosen in 'Mock application'.

Every time I set a fake location in the app, when I open google maps, my position keep switching between real (gps only) and fake (app) locations.

Isn't this the problem? What happens when you set it back to OEM, and use the device GPS as the default?

nexusbabe

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

Hey you two.
Before all, thank you for fast replying to my question. It seems I explained very bad my problem so I'm going to take it from the start.

1. The original GPS works very well (with all applications like googlemaps, etc..).
2. I want to use a factice GPS location so in order to do this, I :
- downloaded a fake gps application on the playstore
- activated the developper options
- choose the fake gps application to be the mocking gps in the developper options

3. When in the fake gps I load a new factice location, then I open google maps, my position keep switching between the real location given by the original GPS (device only) and the fake location given by the fake GPS application.

Hope I made myself clear with this one !

Regards

jrobinson3k1

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I think this is a problem specific to the Nexus 5X. I've been trying to get this to work as well the past few days, and I can't keep the real GPS from leaking even when a Mock Location app is selected. There are others with the Nexus 5X experiencing the same thing. I haven't found a solution yet.

Tactical Idiot

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi.
I have an Nexus 6P and I had the same issue.
So I got an fix for now.
Go to location settings and set it on high. Then disable wifi scanning and bluetooth scanning.
Disable this google location history on all accounts too.
Then get the App called DisableService from google play. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=cn.wq.disableservice&hl=de&token=vMPPr-Jq
Search for Fused Location Service, click on it and remove the tick.
That should fix it for like 5 minutes.
Also if you are using fake gps free try using expert mode with accuracy 1 and interval < 100.
Good luck!